Here's what Máxima wore from 23-29 October:
2. a) Two events on 25 October with an accessory swap (b and c) in between, starting with creepy spider brooches and ending with a gorgeous pair of earrings. This isn't the first time she's done this dress with gray tights and brown shoes. It baffles me.
3. Attending the "Development of Business" conference, 26 October. I told you I love capes and I won't be swayed, even if this is a bow-tie mess.
4. Arriving in Aruba for a 10 day official visit to the Dutch Caribbean with Queen Beatrix and Prince Willem-Alexander, 27 October. Mustard! Now there's a statement color.
5. a) Official arrival ceremony on day 1, 28 October. Okay. Let's talk about this. At first glance, my reaction was: "FABULOUS!" She looked so glam. And then I sussed out what was really happening with the hat (b). And then I thought: "Is she making a pit stop poolside in Boca Raton later?" So...there you go. At least I still think her shoes are fabulous, even if I do fear for her toe circulation.
7. a) Official welcome reception, day 1, 28 October, repeating a dress worn at Nikolaos and Tatiana's pre-wedding reception. At least there's a brooch (b)!
8. a) Visiting a national park and a residence on day 2, 29 October, with hat (b) and some serious earrings (c). Oh, you don't pull out your bling for a trip to the national park? How sad for you.
9. a and b) At a women's shelter on day 2, 29 October. And this is exactly why our Máxima is particularly well suited for a Caribbean tour. Well, that and this too:
Photos: Daylife/Getty Images/Purepeople/Abaca/24ora.com/DutchPhotoPress/PPE/Nieboer