Sunday, October 9, 2011

Style Speculation: Elie Saab Spring 2012 RTW

I saved my favorite collection for last! If you haven't figured it out already, I'm a huge Elie Saab fangirl. (Ladylike with a touch of bling? Sign me up.) So you'll have to excuse me while I have a bit of a picturegasm:

Elie Saab Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear
Potential royal models:
Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Queen Rania, Crown Princess Victoria, Princess Beatrice
This collection was Saab at his finest, starting out with beige and moving through a rainbow of saturated colors one at a time. Princess Beatrice was a front row guest; I hope she scooped up a whole range of these perfect day dresses. They're just perfect for the royal grind, and there's no end to the royals I'd like to see wearing them. The Countess of Wessex and Crown Princess Mary come to mind for starters. (Why isn't Mary an Elie Saab girl, and who can we petition to make that happen?)
The green number with the jacket there should become a royal uniform, no? And I'm in love with the first yellow dress here: this would be perfection on Victoria (after baby, of course).
There were some interesting takes on sleeves for evening gowns in this collection which I hope we'll see on Rania and Maria Teresa. Máxima would be an interesting new Elie Saab client too, especially in the evening wear department.

See the full collection here.

And finally, for those that share my Saab love, you'll want to make some time to see the collection in motion:

Who would you like to see wearing this collection?

Photos:Alessandro Viero/GoRunway.com/Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment