Monday, August 29, 2011

Week in Review: Crown Princess Mary, 21-27 August

Here's what Mary wore from 21-27 August:

  1. Boarding the royal yacht, Dannebrog, for a summer cruise of royal visits. Who's looking at the outfit? There's a twin involved!
  2. Day 1 of the summer cruise, 22 August. Repeating one of my favorite purple dresses, topped with a repeated pink hat. I often find pink and purple too twee a combo, but this is working all over the place.
  3. Day 2, 23 August. Lurve! I know a hefty chunk of you are about to tell me that she might as well be back in maternity wear, but so help me, I go weak for a good swing coat. Just so stinkin' elegant.
  4. Last day, 25 August. More repeats, in a new pairing. Did not like the dress + coat combo at first, but I'm on board now.
  5. Leaving for a trip to Africa, 25 August. Perfect princess travel wear.
  6. Visiting a refugee camp in Kenya, 27 August.
I feel like this week just had a giant Mary's back! stamp right across it. This is precisely the elegance that makes me like her style in the first place, and we've been missing it for quite some time, what with the babies and all.

Also, this was a tremendously cute week. Husbands in uniform and babies with wee outfits and giant cheeks galore! Even an aquarium kiss, for the softies in the crowd.
Sometimes you just have to embrace the cheese. It's good for the soul.

What was your favorite outfit this week?

 Photos: Isopix/Peter Grosen/All Over Press Denmark/PurePeople/Abaca/Henrik Dam/Billed Bladet

No comments:

Post a Comment