Thursday, August 19, 2010

Top 10 Worst Dressed Royal Wedding Guests: #6 and 5. The Ladies in Costume


6. Princess Elena at the Wedding of Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling
 5. Princess Märtha Louise at the Wedding of Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz 

These two we will group together because they suffer the same ailment: they are costumes.  It's a wedding, not a fancy dress party, ladies.

The more I look at Elena's gown from earlier this summer, the less I like it.  At first I was turned off by the overly ornamental bolero jacket and hairstyle, but now the rest of the dress is bugging me.  The exaggerated flare of the skirt is giving the rest of her body an oddly small and long shape.

As for Märtha Louise, this sort of thing is par for the course for her, but this one just looks like a child's craft project.  I know what she was going for: a tribute to the colors of Spain and the prize for more originally-dressed guest, but she didn't even succeed on that level.
 What sort of wedding brings out two of this kind of monstrosity is beyond me.

Photos: Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images/Belga

No comments:

Post a Comment